Sunday, February 05, 2006

Banjo Birthday and cigar box banjos


We just came home from White Springs. Last night we hosted the Cracker Coffeehouse and it was a fun evening. They packed in a crowd of 250 folks and as a group they had really good voices. I called my Mom from stage and the audience sang "Happy Birthday" to her (she's 75) over the phone. We had several other birthdays in the audience as well. My birthday is on February 10th so I celebrated by bringing a chocolate with fudge icing, giant birthday cake, and the crowd ate every crumb during the intermission. I even saw folks licking their fingers. :)
We also celebrated Groundhogs Day and Valentine's Day and ended the evening with everyone singing "Dream, Dream" in a sing a long. Wish you could have been there.
Bob gave me some wonderful birthday news! As most of you know, I am on banjo restriction. This means I am not allowed to buy, rescue, ask for, or even dream or look at a new banjo. Since I got a couple very nice banjos last year--it seems fair to me. In fact, I didn't even put a new banjo on my Christmas list or have I asked for one for my birthday. When my husband asks what I'd like--I just say "don't get me anything. "
He couldn't stand it anymore and ordered me a cigar box banjo for my birthday. He said it wouldn't be in for a couple months--but he couldn't keep it a secret any longer.
Here is where he ordered it:
http://www.atgproductions.com/mazelcoffins/banjo.html
I can't wait to see and hear it. I'll put up more about it later after it comes in!

Who would have thought that Bob would end up missing all the squealing and jumping up and down that accompany a new banjo through the door?

No comments: